Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bring On Favre

Brett Favre is meeting with the Vikings, apparently. I think he wanted to go there last year, but circumstances wouldn't allow it. Every year, the Vikings look pretty good on paper, and every year, they flame out before the end of the season.

In the NFL North, I would love to see Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers pound on Favre this year. I think he should have retired from Green Bay. He had a great finale season with them and his press conferences then would have seen him off with style. The mess that followed during that off-season has already chipped at his legend a little, and a run in MN might do some real damage. Or he could get hurt. Either way, it's not the most classy move to get back into the division where his legend was made. Regardless of what I think about the Packers, I give the fans credit for being tenacious. He's taking a leak on them if he goes to MN.

There's a recent interview with Jim McMahon from a week or two ago that made me laugh: (http://www.670thescore.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=3663288)

1 comment:

Meat Head said...

The Punky QB did go to the Packers for a bit same as Mongo.

The Vikings did win the divison last year. I do not support them getting better in any way.