Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Liar's NFL Week 6 Picks

Every Riot Fest weekend my picks go to shit. Hell, I should consider myself lucky that this year I just went .500 - It's been worse. Now that my week-long bender is over, I can focus on football and chasing away this hangover.

Last Week's Picks: 7/7
Season Record: 44/32

Early Sunday Games:
Bears* (4-1) over Seahawks (2-2)

We get Cutler back this week. I can't wait until we get back an O-Line of some sort.

Dolphins (2-2) over Packers* (3-2)
I still haven't incorrectly picked a Packers game this season. Here's to keeping that streak going!

Chargers (2-3) over Rams* (2-3)
I keep getting screwed picking the stupid fucking Chargers. ...and here I go again.

Ravens (4-1) over Patriots* (3-1)
I say that the Ravens are the best team in the league right now. Here's that test.

Giants* (3-2) over Lions (1-4)
The Giants really looked bad up to that Bears game. Now they have new life - Not happy about that.

Falcons (4-1) over Eagles* (3-2)
The Eagles are good enough to beat the Lions, Jaguars, and 49ers. The Falcons have just as many wins as those 3 teams combined (and 10 less losses).

Steelers* (3-1) over Browns (1-4)
I have a seeking suspicion that the Steelers aren't going to be as good with Roethlisberger for the first few games he's back. Q: What's worse than a rusty rapist? A: Fresh meat - Colt McCoy is making his NFL debut for the Browns in this one.

Saints (3-2) over Buccaneers* (3-1)
The Saints really need a divisional road-win here to right their sinking ship. If not, I think that's it's gonna get ugly in flood-town.

Texans* (3-2) over Chiefs (3-1)
I really want to pick the Chiefs here, but the only team they've beaten on the road so far has been the Browns. I'd pick 'em in a heartbeat at home, but am going with the home team in this toss-up.

Late Sunday Games:
Jets (4-1) over Broncos* (2-3)

This one could be a lot closer than you'd think. This should be an entertaining game.

Raiders (2-3) over 49ers* (0-5)
Originally had the Niners winning here, but switched it at the last minute when I realized that I keep getting burned picking Samurai Mike's clown-squad.

Cowboys (1-3) over Vikings* (1-3)
I'm seriously wondering which one of these teams will be the first to claim 'Disappointed' by The Mushuganas as this year's team theme song. That would so rule.

Sunday Night Game:
Colts (3-2) over Redskins* (3-2)

I really want to pick the Redskins at home here against the wobbly Colts. I'm just worried that the Colts will blow up on my Skins here, and I'll feel like a double-plus idiot.

Monday Night Game:
Titans (3-2) over Jaguars* (3-2)

The Jags are 3&2?!?! Really?! I'll be damned.
---

Wrong Picks in pantone #cc0000
Correct Picks in pantone #38761d
*Indicates Home Team

No comments: