Friday, November 5, 2010

The Liar's NFL Week 9 Picks

Well, last week was my first losing record of the season, and in the spirit of the election season, I've decided to blame my losing on Washington DC (the Redskins to be exact).
I'm still seething about Sexy Rexy and his 2 minute suck-harder-than-the-collective-force-of-a-million-black-holes drill last week (Much to Mr. ChrisB's delight).
Fucking Shanahan. If it weren't for him flushing Jake Plummer for Uber-Douche Cutler, he'd still be missing the playoffs out in Denver... OH, AND TO MENTION FUCKING CUTLER...
AAAARRRGGGGH!
*narrator shits pants, head explodes*

Last Week's Picks: 6/7
Season Record: 67/50

Early Sunday Games:
Bears (4-3) over Bills* (0-7)

I really think that the Bills are going to win this one in Toronto.
Why am I picking Bears? 1) I'm a Bears fan. 2) The Bears have no excuse to lose this one coming off of a bye-week. 3) If the Bears don't win here, they can kiss their post-season hopes goodbye. 4) The Bills still haven't won a damned game yet.
Yeah, The Bears are doomed.

Falcons* (5-2) over Buccaneers (5-2)
Whenever I'm faced with two evenly matched teams, and there's really no good intel to sway my decision, I just pick the home team.

Patriots (6-1) over Browns* (2-5)
Every year it seems that the Patriots overlook & lose a stupid game like this. Then again, the Browns have been losing games since 1946 - I'm going with the pros to lose this one.
Postgame: Told you so.

Jets (5-2) over Lions* (2-5)
If the Jets don't score more points than they did last week against the Pack, the Lions will win this one (or tie it at 0-0).

Vikings* (2-5) over Cardinals (3-4)
Okay, Anderson is starting for the Cardinals. Last week (to my horror) I switched over to the Cardinals-Bucs game and saw Max Hall (incidentally, a setting on my stereo receiver) starting for the Cards (who I stupidly picked)... Anyway, I still say that the imploding Vikes make a last grasp at the ring here.

Saints (5-3) over Panthers* (1-6)
I don't have anything to say about this game, so here's a record review: While typing out this I'm listening to the new Arrivals record (Volatile Molotov) and I'm really digging it. Their debut (Goodbye New World) was an incredible record, but their last few have come nowhere close to that one. Upon first listen, the new one might actually be good. That makes me very happy.
*edit* I just realized that new Arrivals lapsed into the new Articles of Faith EP (which was actually playing when I wrote this) - I didn't notice (yay, booze!), so I'm giving the AoF EP some props here too.

Ravens* (5-2) over Dolphins (4-3)
This should be a damned great game. The AFC wild-card slot could very well come down to this game (as a head-to-head tie-breaker).

Texans* (4-3) over Chargers (3-5)
I know that the Chargers always start off horrible and start running the table around this time of year. I really wish they'd stop doing that and just go away.

Late Sunday Games:
Seahawks* (4-3) over Giants (5-2)

I'm sure at this point in reading through this post, you're thinking that I just got liquored-up on Templeton Rye and drunkenly crapped out my picks this week. This pick right here cements that suspicion.

Chiefs* (5-2) over Raiders (4-4)
The Raiders have been red-hot the last few weeks. Yeah, so what, I'm keeping up my (Favre-like) streak of not picking Oakland. Suck on that, bitches.

Colts (5-2) over Eagles* (4-3)
Eagles are coming off of their bye here, and should be sharp. Still, I say the Colts win this one in a squeaker.

Sunday Night Game:
Packers* (5-3) over Cowboys (1-6)

Last week I had my first incorrect Packers pick of the season and my first correct Cowboys pick of the season. Then again, last week was high-fucked.

Monday Night Game:
Steelers (5-2) over Bengals* (2-5)

I'm surprised that the Bengals let the Titans get Randy Moss, as they seem to be collecting ill-tempered loud-mouthed shit-worthless wide-receivers.
---

Wrong Picks in pantone #cc0000
Correct Picks in pantone #38761d
*Indicates Home Team

No comments: