Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Liar's NFL Week 12 Picks

It's 3PM on a Wednesday and I've got a decent buzz a-goin' from my lunch at Revolution Brewing - Time for some picks. I'm heading out of town this weekend, so I'd better get these up while I have the chance. In fact, it looks like I'm going to miss out on all of the Sunday games this week. Ah, well - Let's see what I'm missing.

Last Week's Picks: 13/3
Season Record: 94/66

Early Thursday Game:
Patriots (8-2) over Lions* (2-8)

Bwaaa, haaah haah haa ha. Holy Shit, that's some funny shit right there.

Late Thursday Game:
Saints (7-3) over Cowboys* (3-7)

The Cowboys are getting some of their swagger back, but a false sense of bravado and Kitna behind center ain't gonna win it against the reigning Super Bowl champs.

Thursday Night Game:
Jets* (8-2) over Bengals (2-8)

The Jets have been won their last 3 games at the very last minute (or in overtime) against some fairly crappy teams. Her's another turd-squad to take it down to the wire with.

Early Sunday Games:
Falcons* (8-2) over Packers (7-3)

Matty Ice is 18-1 at home in the Georgia Dome since his debut with the Dirty Birds. They haven't lost at home in over 2 years. I'm not saying that the streak isn't gonna end, I'm just saying that it isn't gonna end this week.

Steelers (7-3) over Bills* (2-8)
The Bills have won 2 in a row. They ain't gonna make it to 3.

Browns* (3-7) over Panthers (1-9)
Look at the two rookie QBs from these teams and tell me that Jimmy Clausen should have gone before Colt McCoy in the draft. Regardless, they're both out with injuries for this one. Jake Delhomme takes on his old team (who he took to the Super Bowl) with Brian St. Pierre (who???) starting for the Panthers.

Giants* (6-4) over Jaguars (6-4)
Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring, Boring.
*click*

Redskins* (5-5) over Vikings (3-7)
I'm getting some faith back in my Redskins. Let's hope that it takes a couple of weeks for the Vikes to rediscover theirs.

Texans* (4-6) over Titans (5-5)
If there was a bigger collapse story than the Texans this year, it would go to the Titans. Kerry Collins is out, Vince Young may never play for the Titans again, and this week Rusty "Tromboner" Smith makes his NFL debut. If the Texans can't win here, they can't win anywhere.

Late Sunday Games:
Raiders* (5-5) over Dolphins (5-5)

Should be interesting. The Raiders don't lose at home and the Dolphins don't lose on the road.

Chiefs (6-4) over Seahawks* (5-5)
If Kansas City wants to hold on in their division, they had better keep winning these close matches. The Seahawks can lose this game and still have the lead in the NFC West (fucking NFC West).

Eagles (7-3) over Bears* (7-3)
I have a bad, bad, bad feeling about this one. Prove me wrong, Bears.

Broncos* (3-7) over Rams (4-6)
When in doubt, bet against the NFC West team.

Ravens* (7-3) over Buccaneers (7-3)
The Buccaneers have a great record, but every win has come against a sub-.5oo team. Here's their test - I say they fail-out.

Sunday Night Game:
Colts* (6-4) over Chargers (5-5)

The Colts are struggling right now, and the Bolts always seem to have their number, but Indy HAS to win here. A Colts loss at home at this time in the season would be devastating.

Monday Night Game:
49ers (3-7) over Cardinals* (3-7)

Fuck me. Lemme get this straight: I'm going to miss Falcons/Packers, Skins/Vikes, and Bears/Eagles, but I get to watch Pats/Lions, Jets/Bengals and this abortion. It just isn't fair.
---

Wrong Picks in pantone #cc0000
Correct Picks in pantone #38761d
*Indicates Home Team

No comments: