Friday, February 4, 2011

The Liar's Super Bowl XLV Pick

I can't believe I'm procrastinating on a Super Bowl pick. I'm not hedging bets and waiting for last-minute player updates. I just don't care. It doesn't help that the circus atmosphere after the championship games drives me batty.  It seems that every year once the Super Bowl lineup is set everyone starts focusing on everything about either team that has nothing to do with the game itself.  I understand the need for establishing a story-line to draw the interest of those who are not sports fans, but it has gotten to the point where everything seems forced and manufactured.  In the run-up to the game it becomes about the selling of the game more so than about the game itself.  I could care less. Speaking of not caring...

Last Week's Picks: 0/2
Season Record: 157/109

Super Bowl XLV - 5:30PM (CST):
Steelers (14-4) over Packers (13-6)

Meh. I just can't get interested in what should be a historic match-up - It features the team with the most World Championships (Packers) -vs- the team with the most Super Bowl wins (Steelers). This game should hype itself... It doesn't. I can't find any way to care about either of these teams. The Steelers have an exciting defense, but their offense is as boring as it is unlikeable. As for the Packers... Despite the divisional rivalry, they might very well be the most uninteresting team out there aside from the Jaguars. The Puppy Bowl is looking better and better as the days tick down. Rooting Labrador Retriever - Picking Chinese Water Spaniel.
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
 

*Indicates Home Team

No comments: