Friday, January 21, 2011

The Liar's NFL Conference Championship Playoff Picks

Here we go. This is the last week of true football in the season before the circus of the Super Bowl pitches its garish tent. I should be excited, but I'm just confounded. I've acquired an epic case of brain-lock in trying to break down the Bears -vs- Packers game, or there is a real chance that my brain has literally frozen. Either way, I'm going to be useless until either the Bears win or it hits 60 degrees, so let's get to some picks.

Last Week's Picks: 2/2
Season Record: 157/107

Early Sunday Game:
Bears* (12-5) over Packers (12-6)

I've spent the last 5 minutes staring at the blinking cursor on the screen trying to figure out what to write here. Everything I see tells me that the Bears are going to win, but I'm hard-freaked that every "expert" seems to be picking the Pack in this one. Am I missing something? With all of the history behind both of these teams, this could be one of the greatest conference championship games of all time... Unless the Bears lose, then it will be the worst.

Late Sunday Game:
Jets (13-5) over Steelers* (13-4)

I'm not gonna pick the Jets. I'm not gonna pick the Jets. I'm not gonna pick the Jets.
Fuck. I picked the Jets.
I really like the Jets in the postseason and even though everything tells me that they'll lose here, winning at Pittsburgh isn't nearly as hard as winning at Indy or winning at New England. I say they have a shot.
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
 

*Indicates Home Team

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

Well, NY vs. CHI in the Super Bowl would have set a ratings record, probably. Too bad, NFL.