Friday, October 3, 2008

The Liar's NFL Week 5 Picks

I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs. I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs. I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs. I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs. I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs. I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs. I'm not gonna talk about the Cubs.

Stupid fucking Cubs.

Now that my thoughts on the MLB playoffs are out of the way, I can focus exclusively on the great sport of tackle-football. I'm sure that the Bears would never break my heart like the Cubs so often do, or as the Bears have so many times since 1985... D'oh.

Last Week's Picks: 9/4
Season Record: 35/25

Early Sunday Games:

Bears (2-2) over Lions (0-3)
Here's the slump buster, baby.
So far, I haven't picked one Bears game correctly this season (I even took one for the team last week), but I can't logically pick the fucking Lions in this one - Just can't do it. If Chicago takes a cue from their local MLB compatriots and pisses this one away, I may be forced to pick against 'em for the remainder of the season. For the good of the team (of course).

Falcons (2-2) over Packers (2-2)
Look at the big balls on the Liar with this one! Picking the reigning NFC North champs to lose to the upstart Falcons at Lambeau.
Damn.

Chargers (2-2) over Dolphins (1-2)
I'd like to see the Fish to lay a whompin' down on the Bolts in this one. Then again, I'd like to see the Cubs with a two game lead going into LA this weekend. Ain't gonna happen.
Postgame: It happened! Does this mean that the Cubs are still in it too? No? Crap.

Giants (3-0) over Seahawks (1-2)
If the Cowboys weren't playing the Bengals this week, this would be the most lop-sided game this week. Thankfully for the Shawks, the Bengals suck slightly more.

Redskins (3-1) over Eagles (2-2)
Am I the only motherfucker picking the 'Skins in this one?!?!? What the hell? It's like no one else is even bothering to watch the fucking games.

Panthers (3-1) over Chiefs (1-3)
The Chiefs got their win for the season last week, now they can sit back, relax, and wait for the off-season.

Titans (4-0) over Ravens (2-1)
Baltimore is back at home and unholy pissed about losing the Monday nighter in Pittsburgh. The Titans' offense is in for a world of hurt, but they should be able to walk away with a win (as long as they don't let in Vince Young behind center).

Colts (1-2) over Texans (0-3)
The Texicans are itching for a win, and they've got a good shot at crowning one on the once-mighty Colts, but I've got to believe that last week's bye gave Indy the opportunity to shore-up their team. I'm reluctantly going with the Colts to grab a win in Houston this week.

Late Sunday Games:
Buccaneers (3-1) over Broncos (3-1)
I really can't get a read on how good either of these teams are right now. It's freaky. The Bucs are turning over the ball left and right and still finding a way to win. The Broncos are getting lucky and winning games at the very last minute. I would just pick the home team in this one, but I think that the Bucs are just good enough to win on the road in Denver.

Cowboys (3-1) over Bengals (0-4)
Bwaaaah! Ha... Um, this should --giggle-- be a real good --snicker-- game. And if the --giggle-- Bengals can focus --snicker--, then they might have a --giggle-- shot at an... Bwaahaaaa, haa, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! --wiping away tears-- I can't do it anymore; let's move on.

Bills (4-0) over Cardinals (2-2)
I'm amazed at how many "experts" are picking Arizona in this one. Are these the same Cardinals that got 56 points scored on 'em last week, or are they letting the St. Louis MLB franchise play against the Bills with bats in hand?
Okay, I'd so watch that, but I'm pretty sure that they're playing the Arizona Cardinals with Kurt Warner at QB. I just don't get it.

Patriots (2-1) over 49ers (2-2)
Last time we saw the Pats they were slinking out of Gillette stadium a couple of weeks ago after getting WHOMPED by the Miami Dolphins. Here's another suck team and a small shot at redemption - They'd better win this one, or they're gonna be the laughingstocks of the NFL.

Sunday Night Game:
Jaguars (2-2) over Steelers (3-1)
The Steelers looked like hell in Monday's match-up against Baltimore and Jacksonville really needs a win right here. This one could go either way, but the Steelers have been skating and the Jags are hungry. I smell an upset a'brewin.

Monday Night Game:
Saints (2-2) over Vikings (1-3)
Are the Saints really that good? Nope.
Are the Vikings really that bad? Yup.
---

Wrong picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

That Cowboys/Bengals game was closer than it should have been. The Bengals and Buccaneers are two teams that keep pulling wins out of their asses. It's annoying.

Also, check the highlights for the Marty Booker catch. Bernard who?