Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Liar's NFL Week 11 Picks

Oh, crap!

I neglected to do the rest of my picks on Thursday and chose to watch the Jets/Pats game instead. Then on Friday I decided to jeopardize my relationship with Jenny by attending a game night at Gundy's (The Girl is a way-sore loser). And today I headed out to the 2PM Ben Weasel show (fucking great!) and then hit Chinatown afterward. Now I'm trying to get the rest of these stupid picks out before everybody comes over for Saturday movie night.
Hurry-up time. Go!

These are gonna be sparse, my bad.

Last Week's Picks: 11/3
Season Record: 88/56

Thursday Night Game:
Jets (6-3) over Patriots (6-3)
What the fuck am I doing? Why in the hell do I think that the fatherfucking Jets can just waltz into Foxboro and walk away with 1st place in the AFC East? I should have my head examined.
Regardless, I'm gonna be glued front & center in front of the parlor wall for this game tonight.

Early Sunday Games:
Falcons (6-3) over Broncos (5-4)
Hey Atlanta, do me a solid and finish off Denver's playoff dreams this week. Thanx.

Eagles (5-4) over Bengals (1-8)
Wah-wah-wah. You lose, Cincy. Thanks for playing.
Postgame: A tie?!?! Are you fucking kidding me? How do I even score this? People? Help!

Packers (4-5) over Bears (5-4)
I have a bad feeling that Rex is gonna get the majority of snaps this Sunday and something like this is gonna happen:
Colts (5-4) over Texans (3-6)
I rescind my earlier statements - The Clots are lookin' like a playoff bound team again. Go Texans!

Saints (4-5) over Chiefs (1-8)
The 'Aints have gone back to being the bumbling losers of the NFC South. The sure fire cure to your "our team is a' losin' blues" is a visit to ole Kansas City.

Dolphins (5-4) over Raiders (2-7)
Flush!

Giants (8-1) over Ravens (6-3)
Here's the game of the week for the unwashed masses (since nobody without NFL Net saw the Thursday game). I'm picking New York and pulling for Baltimore.

Buccaneers (6-3) over Vikings (5-4)
With a loss here by Minnesota, the Bears will still share 1st place in the NFC North (in a 3-way tie) regardless of what else happens this week.

Panthers (7-2) over Lions (0-9)
It's too bad for Detroit that they don't get to play any games against the Lions. If so, they might just win a game this year.

Late Sunday Games:
49ers (2-7) over Rams (2-7)
Hey kids, It's a noobie coach smackdown! In this situation, you've got to root for Samurai Mike.

Cardinals (6-3) over Seahawks (2-7)
Sometime before this season is over, Holmgren is gonna dress-up a walrus with a clipboard and a Seahawks visor and sneak out (unnoticed) to the parking lot to beat traffic.

Titans (9-0) over Jaguars (4-5)
Hey Tennessee; TRAP GAME!!! Watch your ass. This is exactly the sorta game that all the undefeateds seem to lose. I'd totally pick the Jags to win this one if I weren't such a spineless pussy.

Steelers (6-3) over Chargers (4-5)
Drive those nails deep in their coffin, Pittsburgh.

Sunday Night Game:
Redskins (6-3) over Cowboys (5-4)
Romo's nowhere near 100%, the Dallas team is a pubic-hair away from self-destructing, and the Skins have something to prove coming off of their bye - Happy trails, Cowboys.

Monday Night Game:
Bills (5-4) over Browns (3-6)
This should be a real interesting game - Lots of angles. Brady Quinn, Medicine Woman, is trying to get his first win in the NFL (and looking good), while the Williams are trying like hell to hang tough in the tumultuous AFC East. The Bills have homefield and a lot more to fight for, so I'm going with them in this toss-up.
---

Wrong picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
Ties in BLUE

No comments: