Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Liar's NFL Week 14 Picks

Hey week 13, fucking eat it. You single-handedly killed my love of football.
I'm gonna keep doing these picks, but I'm not gonna like it.

Last Week's Picks: 9/7
Season Record: 119/72/1

Thursday Night Game:
Chargers (4-8) over Raiders (3-9)
Both of these teams have proven that there's no game that they can't manage to lose. I'm just gonna pick the home-team and hope that I'm wrong.

Early Sunday Games:
Bears (6-6) over Jaguars (4-8)
The Bears have still got a really good shot at winning the NFC North. The final 4 games are against teams without winning records, whereas the Vikings have a much tougher schedule and are about to lose the Williams sisters going into the home-stretch. I'm picking the Bears to win the division, and then get eliminated in the first round of the playoffs.

Vikings (7-5) over Lions (0-12)
Have fun in this one, Minneapolis. This is your last win of the season.

Packers (5-7) over Texans (5-7)
The Pack has a really good shot of winning out this season (if they can win against the Bears at Soldier Field on the 22nd). As far as I'm concerned, the NFC North is still wide-open. All bets are off of the table.
Postgame: Look on the bright side, Green Bay; you'll have plenty of opportunities to watch Brett Favre in playoff games this year.

Titans (11-1) over Browns (4-8)
It's too early for Tennessee to take a nap here. They've got a good hold on homefield-throughout, but could lose it to the Steelers if they go into hibernation for the last 4 weeks.

Colts (8-4) over Bengals (1-10-1)
Chad (Ocho Cinco) Johnson is gonna look damn fine in a Redskins jersey next season.

Falcons (8-4) over Saints (6-6)
I really want to pick the Saints to win at home here, but I keep getting burned whenever I put my faith in New Orleans.
Postgame: ...and burned when I pick against 'em. Stupid voodoo.

Giants (11-1) over Eagles (6-5-1)
The problem with Philly is that they're so god-damned erratic that you have no idea which team is gonna show up from week to week. That doesn't really matter this week - The Giants are in full domination mode.

Late Sunday Games:
Broncos (7-5) over Chiefs (2-10)
The Broncos are taking their dear sweet time in limping into the playoffs. It's pretty damned sad that the Chargers still have a (small) shot at winning this division. The Broncos need to win this gimme game if they want to sleep soundly any time before January.

Dolphins (7-5) over Bills (6-6)
Hello, Canada! Who's bright idea was it to do a late-season dome game up in Toronto against the Dolphins? Way to negate your biggest advantage in a "home" game. If this was in Ralph Wilson Stadium, I'd pick the Bills, but Since it's in the Rogers Centre Dome, I'm going with the Fish.

Jets (8-4) over 49ers (4-8)
This has the potential of being the Jets' biggest embarrassment of the season. The Niners are clicking at home and are setting their sights on grounding the high-flying Jets. New York has to keep focus, or risk being written-off going into the playoffs.
Postgame: Told 'ya.

Patriots (7-5) over Seahawks (2-10)
Another good AFC East team visiting another blowful NFC West team (see above). Same rules apply.

Cardinals (7-5) over Rams (2-10)
It looks like the Cards have the NFC West division locked-down. They'll make great fodder for one of the NFC wild-card teams this year.

Steelers (9-3) over Cowboys (8-4)
I'm gonna be front & center for this one Sunday afternoon. This should be a great game and could easily go either way. I'm giving Pitttsburgh the advantage on homefield, where the weather should be a huge advantage.

Sunday Night Game:
Ravens (8-4) over Redskins (7-5)
If the Skins can get a win here, I think that they'll be a lock for a playoff spot. If they lose here, they're in real trouble. I'm pulling hard for my Skins in this one, but calling it like I see it.

Monday Night Game:
Buccaneers (9-3) over Panthers (9-3)
I have no idea why I'm picking the Bucs in this coin-toss. Usually, I just go with the home team in situations like this, but (for some reason) I think that Tampa has the edge here.
---

Wrong picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN

4 comments:

Chris B. said...

Ron Turner has been killing it for me for a few years now. Also, this season is mercifully almost over.

P-Dizzle said...

Steelers game was great. By the way, they won because I was sending them git-r-done brainwaves at full strength, which turned it around for them in the 4th.

edP said...

I hope the Liar ain't lying about this being MN's last win of the season. I hate them purple bastards!

DC Liar said...

Here's the Vikes' remaining schedule:
At Arizona (8-5)
Hosting Falcons (8-5)
Hosting Giants (11-2)

Plus, They're about to lose their 2 star defensive players to banned substance violations, and Ferotte was knocked out last week. Now they have to deal with Tavarius Jackson at QB, who was benched by Minnesota early in the season (that suck-ass makes Rex Grossman look like Tom Brady).

I'd be amazed if they get another win.

The real question is whether the Bears can win 2 of their next 3.