Friday, January 9, 2009

The Liar's NFL Divisional Playoffs Pick

I don't know how much football I'm gonna catch this weekend. I'm planning on making the pilgrimage out to DeKalb for the Chili Solstice tomorrow night, which means that by the time I sober-up, it'll be Tuesday. Good times.
Maybe I'll catch some games with the D-Town drinking brigade, or I might just have to read about the results in the paper after they let me out of the drunk-tank. We'll see.

Last Week's Picks: 2/2
Season Record: 164/95/1

Saturday Afternoon Game (4:30 PM Eastern):
Ravens (12-5) over Titans (13-3)
I picked the Ravens to win it all this year, so (by extension of logic) they sorta have to win this game for my Super Bowl pick to happen. The Titans are tough, but I think that Baltimore stacks up nicely against 'em. This game is going to be decided by the better offense (neither of them are great, but...), I'm going with the Ravens.

Saturday Night Game (8:15 PM Eastern):
Panthers (12-4 ) over Cardinals (10-7)
How the fuck did Arizona make it out of wild-card weekend?!?! Hell, how did they make it into the playoffs to begin with? If Carolina doesn't send the Red-Birds back to the desert dejected, I'll be shocked. Again.

Early Sunday Game (1 PM Eastern):
Eagles (10-6-1) over Giants (12-4)
I'm holding a huge grudge against the G-Men for letting the Vikes have a win in their last game of the season. Fucking bums. Not that it would have made any kind of a difference if Minnesota had won, but I'm pissed on principal alone. I think that the Giants have the upper-hand in this one, but are in for a brutal street-fight against their against-all-odds divisional rival.

Late Sunday Game (4:30 PM Eastern):
Steelers (12-4) over Chargers (9-8)
The Bolts ruined what was to be Tony Dungy's swan-song season (now he'll probably come back again to make yet another run at it). Unfortunately for the Bolts, Pittsburgh is a totally different kind of team. San Diego matches up well against the high-octane show teams, but not so well against the hard-D brick-wall teams. I see the Steelers making an example of the Chargers in this one.
===

Wrong picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN

No comments: