Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Liar's Mail-Sack

Here's a new feature wherein I take private e-mail correspondence and slap it up on teh interwebs for everyone to see.

Mr. Papa B from Sugar Glove, IL writes:
"Where do you have them? I was thinking 10-6 before the preseason, but now
I'm thinking more like 8-8, if that. Depressing. On the other hand, now you
can see that it wasn't all Grossman's fault. He was a serviceable QB
surrounded by dullards. Cutler is having the same experience here. Mostly,
though - I miss Ron Rivera. I felt like the defense and the special teams
unit were coached well enough through the super bowl season to be dominant.
Didn't matter how good the offense was. Bleh."
---

Where to start... How's about the schedule:
9/12 DETROIT
9/19 at Dallas
9/27 GREEN BAY
10/3 at NY Giants
10/10 at Carolina
10/17 SEATTLE
10/24 WASHINGTON
10/31 BYE WEEK
11/7 at Buffalo
11/14 MINNESOTA
11/18 at Miami
11/28 PHILADELPHIA
12/5 at Detroit
12/12 NEW ENGLAND
12/20 at Minnesota
12/26 NY JETS
1/2 at Green Bay

The only two good things about that schedule are that the bye is at week 8, and we get to play the Lions twice. That's about it. We have the entire NFC East and AFC East on our plates this season, we'd be BLESSED to end the season at 8&8. I say it's more likely between 4&12 and 7&9 - It really depends if we can get a couple of games off of the Vikings/Packers (as we seem to do every year).

Sexy Rexy Grossman is a Redskin this year and I've been watching him in preseason. He looks better, but he still makes a ton of stupid throws even when he's safe behind a stable O-Line. I see McNabb going out for a stretch this year, so this year should be Grossie's opportunity to shut everyone up (myself included). I still say that Orton was a better QB for the Bears than Rexy, what I didn't know is that Cutler would be a down-grade at the position. I guess I was right about JC back when I was slamming him back in his Broncos days. --LINK (see: Sunday Night Game)--

As for Rivera, his play-it-safe Superbowl game-plan cost him a head coaching spot at the end of his Bears tenure. He would have been gone regardless, but the ineptitude of his successors makes him look golden in hindsight.

I love me some Bears, but am (not so) secretly wishing for this year to be an unmitigated disaster. For the past few seasons rumors have abounded that Bill Cowher is laying in wait for the Bears to jettison Lovie. I like Lovie, but "nice" coaches drive me fucking nutty, and they don't get any nicer that Reverend Smith. I really want to see the Bears go back to being a MEAN team, and that starts with the coaching staff. Oh, and if we flame-out this year Angelo goes bye-bye too, guaranteed.

So, essentially, what I'm saying is that I hope the Bears fail miserably this year, for their own good. Watch them get to the playoffs just to spite me.

3 comments:

Chris B. said...

The weaknesses are still the weaknesses after a few years of churn, too. WRs? O-line? Secondary? Tommie Harris? etc., etc.

DC Liar said...

The O-Line is effing atrocious. The WRs look better this season, but that doesn't mean anything if the Offensive line keeps folding.
What really concerns me is how porous the Bears' Defense looks in preseason.

Gunderstorm said...

Aw was that shout out to Orton for me? Thanks buddy.