Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Liar's NFL Week 2 Picks

Yeah, I knew it from the get-go. In the first week if i had just picked home teams, I would have gone 12&4 = Good. Instead, I got fancy and went 8&8 = Not so good.
This week I'm getting back to basics and should begin to dig myself out of the hole.

Last Week's Picks: 8/8
Season Record: 8/8

Early Sunday Games:
Falcons* (0-1) over Cardinals (1-0)
The Cardinals barely pulled off a victory against the Rams last week. I say the Falcons win in Atlanta

Ravens (1-0) over Bengals* (0-1)
The Ravens are playing mad right out of the gate.  Cincy is probably the more talented team, but I'm not picking against the Ravens after last week.

Chiefs (1-0) over Browns* (0-1)
Okay, The Browns LOST to the crappy Bucs last week and the Chiefs WON over the playoff Chargers last week.  So why is everybody picking Cleveland to win this one?

Cowboys* (0-1) over Bears (1-0)
The Bears got the most embarrassing win  in NFL history last week.  The Cowboys had an embarrassing loss, but I say that the Chicago win was even more demoralizing.

Eagles (0-1) over Lions* (0-1)
Kevin Kolb is already out at QB in Philly, and the Michael Vick  Experience comes to the Motor City.  The only reason I'm picking the Eagles is that they're playing the Stafford-less Lions.

Packers* (1-0) over Bills (0-1)
I love me some Buffalo Williams, but they look BAD this year (and not in a Michael Jackson way, unless we're talking in a "dead-as-Michael-Jackson" way).

Titans* (1-0) over Steelers (1-0)
The Steelers pulled off a win last week.  Good for them, didn't see that coming.  The Titans exploded last week (in a good way).  I don't see Pittsburgh getting lucky two weeks in a row.

Vikings* (0-1) over Dolphins (1-0)
This is the toss-up game of the week.  I want to pick Miami, but am going with the Vikes at home.

Panthers* (0-1) over Buccaneers (1-0)
After week 1, I'm tempted to pick the Bucs here, but the Panthers own 'em on home turf.

Late Sunday Games:
Broncos* (0-1) over Seahawks (1-0)
Why do I keep picking the fucking Broncos?  Somebody help me.

Raiders* (0-1) over Rams (0-1)
If the Raiders don't get a win at home this week against the Rams I doubt that Tom Cable will be coaching this team by the end of the season.

Patriots (1-0) over Jets* (0-1)
The Jets should do well this season despite being 0&2 at the end of this week.

Chargers* (0-1) over Jaguars (1-0)
The Bolts got clowned last week in Kansas City.  I know that they always start off slow and finish strong, but they really need a win at home this week to keep the roof from blowing off.

Texans (1-0) over Redskins* (1-0)
I really want to pick my Skins here, but the Texans beat down the Colts last week, so I'm picking with my head over my heart on this one.  Regardless, this is my game of the week - Hands down.

Sunday Night Game:
Colts* (0-1) over Giants (1-0)
Somehow, I really don't give a half-a-shit about this one.  Does Dexter start this week or next?  Anyone?

Monday Night Game:
Saints (1-0) over 49ers* (0-1)
It's not even week 2 yet, and the Niners are already making me look like a double-plus retard for stating that they'd win the NFC West this year.
---

Wrong Picks in pantone #cc0000
Correct Picks in pantone #38761d
*Indicates Home Team

No comments: