Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Liar's NFL Week 1 Picks (2010 Edition)

Here we go into my 4th season of picking games. Damn, I've lasted longer than the #1 pick in the draft that year (JaMarcus Russell) - Go me!
Anyway, it's week one and no-fucking-body knows what's gonna happen. There are maybe 3 "gimme" picks this week. I'm stabbing blindly on this one and picking heavily against the home teams, which means that I'll probably spend the rest of the season trying to catch back up. Welcome to the season, asshole.

2009/2010 Season Record: 171/98
2010/2011 Season Record: 0/0

Thursday Night Game:
Saints* (0-0) over Vikings (0-0)
Here's one hell of a game to kick off the season. I'm betting that the Vikes aren't 'together' enough at this point to top the Super Bowl champs.

Early Sunday Games:
Browns (0-0) over Buccaneers* (0-0)
The Browns aren't looking so great this year, but they still look good enough to beat what I'm guessing is going to be the worst team this season.

Dolphins (0-0) over Bills* (0-0)
Chan Gailey... I'll get right on that as soon as I figure out how to 'chan'.

Patriots* (0-0) over Bengals (0-0)
The Bengals are looking sharp right now and the Pats are shaking apart at the seams. I'm still going with the home team in the opener.

Colts (0-0) over Texans* (0-0)
The Colts own the Texans every single season. Super Bowl hangover or not, bet the Colts.

Broncos (0-0) over Jaguars* (0-0)
I'm picking the Broncos here? Really?!? Fuck me.

Falcons (0-0) over Steelers* (0-0)
Rapistberger is barred from any contact with the Steelers (and any unattended minors) for the first 4 games this season, Byron Chipwich and his busted trotter are going to be watching this one from the DL, so Dennis Dixon is getting his second start for the Steelers. I'm going with Atlanta.

Titans* (0-0) over Raiders (0-0)
I'm digging on the Raiders this year, and originally had them winning this one... Then I thought about it for a bit, and flipped like a prepubescent Chinese gymnast.

Giants* (0-0) over Panthers (0-0)
The G-Men get a gift for the first game in their shiny new stadium.

Bears* (0-0) over Lions (0-0)
ACHTUNG! Hey Bears, watch out for Ndamukong Suh! This guy has been clowning QBs in the preseason. If our shitty O-Line doesn't hold up their end, we may be trudging through this season with Cutler on the DL.

Late Sunday Games:
Cardinals (0-0) over Rams* (0-0)
The new and not-so-improved Cards hit the turf against the bottom-dwelling Rams. This won't be good, but it should be interesting.

Packers (0-0) over Eagles* (0-0)
I still say that the Pack is WAY over-rated, but I think that Philly is in for a shock without McNabb behind center.

49ers (0-0) over Seahawks* (0-0)
I like the Niners to take the NFC West this year (yeah, I know that I say that every year, but this time I'm so damn sure).

Sunday Night Game:
Cowboys (0-0) over Redskins* (0-0)
The Cowboys were struggling in preseason and my Skins are looking sharp this year, but preseason is preseason, and the Skins still have to gel before I pick them against a playoff team. Picking Boys, rooting Skins.

Monday Night Games:
Jets* (0-0) over Ravens (0-0)
I bet Rex is wishing that he got a gift-team in his new stadium opener (like the Giants did). Not so much. This is going to be one hell of a battle.

Chargers (0-0) over Chiefs*(0-0)

This is why I decided to pick games for another season - To make turds like this game half-way interesting. Here's hoping.
---

Wrong Picks in pantone #cc0000
Correct Picks in pantone #38761d
*Indicates Home Team

3 comments:

Chris B. said...

Why am I so nervous about the Bears game? It's really a win/win situation. Either they have been sandbagging and they're actually really good (unlikely) or they suck and we'll finally get a whole new regime (and maybe a draft pick or two).

I guess it's because my cousin lives by Detroit and I've been less than diplomatic. ("Thank goodness for the Lions!")

Liar said...

My internets are down - Will update whenever it comes back up.

Chris B. said...

Thinking about sending my cousin's husband a note saying "Thank goodness for the refs!"