Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Liar's NFL Week 13 Picks

It's lucky week 13, and this one's shaping up to be a damned fine week to be a football fan. There are so many good games this week that it should be a blast to watch and hell to pick.
Here's what I've got:

Last Week's Picks: 11/5
Season Record: 105/71

Thursday Night Game:
Eagles* (7-4) over Texans (5-6)

The Bears D showed how to beat the Mike Vick Iggles. I'm just not sure that the Texans are good enough to pull it off. Then again, I didn't think that the Bears were good enough either, and we all know how that one ended.

Early Sunday Games:
Bears (8-3) over Lions* (2-9)

The Lions are playing pretty damned tough right now, but unless Chicago looks past 'em they should be able to secure another win on the road.

Giants* (7-4) over Redskins (5-6)
I give up on the Skins. They win games they should lose and lose games they should win. That means they'll probably win this one to keep up the pattern of fucking me on picks.  Jerks.

Packers* (7-4) over 49ers (4-7)
It's a fucking travesty that these two teams are the same number of games out of first (1) in their (respective) divisions.

Bills (2-9) over Vikings* (4-7)
It looks like I'm the only person picking Buffalo here. I just see how hard Buffalo has been playing and how close they've been to up-ending teams far superior to the Vikes. I say they finally break their tough-luck streak up in Minneapolis.

Saints (8-3) over Bengals* (2-9)
This smacks of a trap-game. Then again, in order for one team to get trapped, the opposing team has to actually play. The Bengals haven't done that since week 3.

Jaguars (6-5) over Titans* (5-6)
Boring beats bloodied, battered, and basically bad.

Chiefs* (7-3) over Broncos (3-8)
Okay, I've given up the hope of the Chargers crapping-out. Now I'm clinging to the hope that the Chiefs can hold on.

Dolphins* (6-5) over Browns (4-7)
Man, I'm really tempted to pick Cleveland in this one. The Dolphins are not a very good team at home, and the Browns have been showing some grit recently. If I knew that Colt McCoy was starting here, I'd pick 'em in an instant.

Late Sunday Games:
Chargers* (6-5) over Raiders (5-6)

I've resigned myself to the fact that the fucking Chargers are back. I'm just hoping that the Raiders can prove me wrong.

Colts* (6-5) over Cowboys (3-7)
If the Cowboys can get a road win in Indy it would be a HUGE statement win. The Colts are hurting, but I'm not ready to leave them for dead just yet.

Falcons (9-2) over Buccaneers* (7-4)
The Bucs don't win games against teams with a winning record - Their seven wins have come against teams that have a (cumulative) record of 19 wins & 47 losses. 7&4 doesn't look so great in that light.

Rams (5-6) over Cardinals* (3-8)
Another fucking NFC West divisional game. Move along, nothing to see here.

Seahawks* (5-6) over Panthers (1-10)
Speaking of the NFC West, The Seahawks find themselves up against the ONLY team in the NFL that is worse than the best team in their division.

Sunday Night Game:
Ravens* (8-3) over Steelers (8-3)

This should be one hell of a game. I have no idea who has the edge here, but the Steelers barely pulled off an overtime win against the 2-win-Bills last week - Which wouldn't have happened if the Bills return squad wasn't tackling each other, or if Buffalo's Steve Johnson could hold onto an end-zone reception... Yeesh. I'm reluctantly going with the Ravens at home

Monday Night Game:
Patriots* (9-2) over Jets (9-2)

The Pats lost to the Jets in NY back in week two. I'd always figured that these teams would split this season, so I'm going with New England at home.
*fingers crossed*
---

Wrong Picks in pantone #cc0000
Correct Picks in pantone #38761d
*Indicates Home Team

No comments: