Friday, November 30, 2007

Wild Turkey from a Cane

Evel Knievel had his flaws. He also rode motorcycles for a living, cheated death in a rocket and drank Wild Turkey from his walking stick. I’d wager he needed the stick and the hooch at all times seeing as he broke 433 bones in the fucked up series of misadventures he called a career.

In no way would I suggest this man was admirable or lived a noble existence. His crimes against women and the states of Montana and Florida are well documented. But this guy’s life and livelihood were based on “triple-dog dares” (the deadliest kind of dares) and he managed to survive 69 years on this planet, probably spending 1/3 of those years falling, on fire or in the hospital.

@ Killing for Sports, that’s reason enough for me to raise what's left of my bottle of Bud and say: “Hope today went better for you than this…

4 comments:

DC Liar said...

Hallelujah!

Evel was one of my childhood heroes - I truly look forward to hobnobbing with him in Hades one day.

garv said...

My immediate reaction to Mr. Knievel's death was to think 'a Weasel McPuppy missed opportunity.'

I need help.

edP said...

I bet that cute little doggie could jump some double-decker busses

edP said...

Some published reports state that Knievel had only 53 career broken bones. Fortunately, this dark corner of the already e-CHUDD infested internet does not pretend to report the facts...we just throw out the shit that gets our attention, pisses us off, or amuses us to virtually no end.