Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I think I am dreaming

I don't know if any one watched the Cubs play the Mets last night but what a fucking great game.

So many things right now feel like a dream I am afraid I am going to wake up soon.

Who ever replace Big Z's brain with a portion of Mad Dog's. Thank you from the bottom of heart and the depths of my soul.

"I played with one of the best pitchers in history, Greg Maddux," Zambrano said. "He told me one time he preferred to throw more sinkers, more movement than velocity.

"Anytime I want to throw 95 or 96 (m.p.h.), I can throw it. But it's not how hard you throw in the big leagues. It's how you locate your pitches and learn to pitch the game."

"We have everything this year," Zambrano said. "We can take it to where we want to go. When you talk about the Cubs, it’s defense, but its offense, pitching, good bullpen. We just have to play smart."

Please don't pinch me I am in deep REM and dreaming about a mature Big Z that can be the #1 starter, a leader on the team, a bonus to the club house/chemistry and dominate batters at will. At the same time Kerry Wood is becoming one the most dominate closers in baseball. He seems at ease with this new role and has an aura of a closer. He walks out on the mound and it’s fucking game over baby.

While having this dream with a smile on my face a single tear of joy rolls down my cheek.

Also in this dream we play good team baseball, only make a few errors, run good bases, sprinkle in a few steals, show patience at the plate. Make opposing pitchers work and see a lot of pitches. Force teams into there bull pens early with high pitch counts.

The Cubs led the National League with a .366 on-base percentage on Monday.

Kosuke Fukudome, who leads the league in pitches seen per plate appearance (4.58), led all Cubs regulars with a .442 OBP going into Monday's game against the Mets, followed by Geovany Soto (.437), Mark DeRosa (.425), Derrek Lee (.419), Reed Johnson (.418) and Ryan Theriot (.408).

I am sure this stat is even better after last night against the Mets.

Oh and the young promising talent finally pulls there heads out of there collective asses and nock in 5 runs with some solid hitting. Thank you Ronny and Felix for your fantastic late at bats. That was a slam the door shut, step on the fucking throats, fucking awesome hitting. Don’t beat them break them. Just awesome.

I wake up feeling a warm glow of Cub goodness, with skip in my step and whistling.
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!


I hope I have more dreams like that one.

Go Cubs!

9 comments:

Meat Head said...

Cubs Win Cubs Win! Stilling dreaming and we just swept the Mets.

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
My, oh my what a wonderful day!
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay

Mister Bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actch'll
Ev'rything is satisfactch'll
Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day!

edP said...

I can feel the love. OBP and taking pitches is a big part of their game now. Who knows what could happen...the D-bags have also improved since last year. We shall see

santipissed said...

if only the season ended now

ed-did you get my e-mail?

Chris B. said...

I heard that this is their best start since 1975. I might watch some games this year.

santipissed said...

They have been fun to watch-no doubt about that-but, they still are wearing cubbie uniforms-I am still weary-they've broken my heart a couple of times in my life and i am having a problem forgiving them

Meat Head said...

Yea yea yea you are a heart broken Cub fan. It could be worse you could have been my Grandpa who did in the summer of 2003. He was born in 1909. My brother had visited him right before he did and they were watching a Cub game. Gradpa is old, TV is loud and he is 2 feet away from the screen can not hear or see very well anymore but still likes to watch the Cubs the best he can.

He turns to my brother in the grizzly old voice of some one who has live long, hard and smoked for 80 years. “You know I have been a Cub fan my whole life.” My brother responds, “That’s great Grandpa the Cubs are doing well this year. It looks good” Grandpa replies with a snort “ What a disappointment”. He died a month later.

Don’t talk to me about disappointment or heart ach. I have a disease that appears to be genetic. I know my kids will have it also. They wont even get a choice.

I have learned to enjoy what little joy they give and be thankful for it. Yea they will break my heart again this year is some bizarre, unreal and fantastic fashion. I will hate them until spring training for doing it.

But just like spring is the rebirth for nature so it is for my love of my Cub.

santipissed said...

I will root and cheer for this team until the end of me-I know that...I just want that world series NOW! anmd a few right after would be nice (CC Sabathia a cuubie next year?-it's been tossed around he wants to come here)

P-Dizzle said...

Wow--1975 was the year I started watching the Cubs. That's when my man Manny Trillo came to play for them.

The Cubs love petered out soon in the early 1980s though, with a few half-hearted tries to get back into it. I'm just not a big baseball devotee (obviously). It's sort of nice to see the people in the blue uniforms looking happy though. The suffering's gone on long enough.

Meat Head said...

Bubble is bursting and I will not write anymore nice things. I think I am jinking them.

WTF is up with Pie and is fucking testicle problems. Dude get that shit fixed.