Friday, September 18, 2009

The Liar's NFL Week 2 Picks

Okay I went 12 & 4 in the opening week - Not bad.
This week I'm still kinda sick (from a crazy 24-hour bug I had earlier this week) and still all pumped full of meds, let's see how getting all goofy on cough-syrup helps with my picking skillz.

Last Week's Picks: 12/4
Season Record: 12/4

Early Sunday Games:
Falcons* (1-0) over Panthers (0-1)
Delhomme is the luckiest man in the NFL - He signed a five-year, $42.5 million contract extension back in April and now is coming apart faster than a Boatswain rocket ship. That's timing, motherfuckers! Ka-Ching!

Vikings (1-0) over Lions (0-1)*
I'm not gonna even kid myself, After this week my Bears are gonna be two-in-the-hole (2-ways).
Oh, and Ed, stop snickering.

Packers* (1-0) over Bengals (0-1)
Here's the second 2-deep hole holder.
Seriously Ed, you know what I'm saying, grow up.

Titans* (0-1) over Texans (0-1)
If the power of the Sexan Rexan Texan can't get Houston a win, I don't know what can.

Raiders (0-1) over Chiefs* (0-1)
The Raiders lost to the Chargers last week, but looked good doing it.

Patriots (1-0) over Jets* (1-0)
I think that the Jets have a great shot at an upset here. I really want to make that bet, but am picking conservatively in the opening weeks.
Postgame: I got hard-screwed for being too conservative. Now I know how Scooter Libby feels.

Saints (1-0) over Eagles* (1-0)
New Orleans picked the perfect week to roll into (the not currently sunny) Philadelphia. McNabb's out, Vick is still in the pound, and Garcia hasn't even had a chance to unpack. The Saints are all set to toss Kolb's salad.

Redskins* (0-1) over Rams (0-1)
Now here's a Skins win I can pick. I'd feel a lot better about this pick if Washington hadn't dumped 2-straight to the blowful Rams... Fucking 'Skins.

Jaguars* (0-1) over Cardinals (0-1)
Forget all the hype about 'Madden Curses' and the 'Slump of the Super Bowl Losers' - We're talking about the MOTHERFUCKING NFL CARDINALS here. They have sucked consistently for eight decades (with a one-month lucky streak earlier this year). Everything is just going back to normal.

Late Sunday Games:
49ers* (1-0) over Seahawks (1-0)
Speaking of the Cardinals sucking... Here's the team that I predicted (here) would capture the NFC West this year. Go Niners!

Bills* (0-1) over Buccaneers (0-1)
Buffalo was one kneel-down away from trumping the Pats in Foxborough and stealing a win from the NFL gods. Well, that didn't happen - They fumbled the football and lost at the last second on a Brady miracle pass. This game should help ease the pain a bit.

Steelers (1-0) over Bears* (0-1)
I'm not saying that the Bears can't win this, I'm just saying that they're not going to win this.
BTW: as of 5PM on Friday the open betting line is (+1) Steelers - Man, you gotta admire the Chicago sports fans' ability
to totally fuck the odds with ill-advised wagering.
Postgame: I was wrong - WOO-HOO, wrong! It was beyond impressive how Chicago got their offense to gel so quickly after last week's goat-rope. Lookin' good.

Ravens (1-0) over Chargers* (1-0)
With San Diego's battered O-Line, Phillip Rivers enters this week's QB dead-pool at #1 with a bullet.

Broncos* (1-0) over Browns (0-1)
Howza 'bout them Broncos? You can't win every game like they did last week, Just against teams from Ohio. Hey, here's another one.

Sunday Night Game:
Cowboys* (1-0) over Giants (1-0)
The Giants could barely handle the sucktacular 'Skins last week. I'm giving Dallas the edge in this one.

Monday Night Game:
Colts (1-0) over Dolphins* (0-1)
It puts the lotion in Hank Baskett...
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
*Indicates Home Team

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

What a football day. I really, really hoped Detroit could keep going for more than a half. The Vikings are good, but really, who did they beat so far?

Packers drop one to the Bengals (what does that say?) and the Bears beat the odds and the Steelers. I'm back to feeling good about this season.

Best things about yesterday - Kellen Davis, Johnny Knox, Alex Brown, and Robbie Gould. Oh yeah, and that Cutler guy was okay, too.