Friday, January 22, 2010

The Liar's NFL Conference Championship Playoff Picks

At long last, our enduring national nightmare has come to an end. For the first time since February 3rd, 2008 the Arizona Cardinals have been eliminated from the NFL postseason. Huzzah!!!
I'm so goddamned excited about the two games this weekend that I sorta peed a little bit just thinking about 'em. Enough with this intro jibber-jabber, let's get straight to some picks:

Last Week's Picks: 2/2
Season Record: 168/98

Sunday Afternoon Game - 2PM (CST):
Colts* (15-2) over Jets (11-7)
Why am I picking the Colts here? Because I want the Jets to win here more than I've wanted any team to win in any given game this season. If the Jets lose, I'll be crestfallen, so I'm hedging my enthusiasm with a Clots pick. If Indy hadn't surrendered half way through the game back in week 16, the Jets would be watching football from their collective couches this week. How amazing would it be if they could end the Colts' perfect season AND playoff run within one month? Stuff of legends, boys. If New York wins this one, they should send Jim Caldwell the game ball, and the Colts should send that fucking loser his walking papers.

Sunday Night Game - 5:40PM (CST):
Saints* (14-3) over Vikings (13-4)
I'm torn - I'm pulling for the Saints from here on out, but I'd really like to see Favre win it all this year, retire, and leave the NFC North once and for all. Dare to dream.
This should be one hell of a game, and it's going to all rest on the Saints defense. Everyone knows that if you can get a few good hits on Favre and follow through with steady pressure that ol' Brett gets shakier than a Haitian orphanage. Bringing the hurt down on the old man is going to be Floodtown's key to victory. If not, then the Purple Penis Eaters are heading to Miami.
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
*Indicates Home Team

No comments: