Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Liar's NFL Divisional Playoff Picks

Well, that was ugly. Last week failed to deliver much action and even fewer correct picks. I guess jokes about quantum physics don't translate well into wins. Who knew? I'm not going to get fancy this week - In fact, I'm going base. Here's hoping that works.

Last Week's Picks: 1/3
Season Record: 166/96

Saturday Afternoon Game:
Saints* (13-3) over Cardinals (11-6)
NOOOOO! Why won't the motherhumping Cardinals just leave us alone? It's like a cut-rate 80's slasher flick - Every time I think they're gone for good, they pop back up and keep slogging deeper into the playoffs. It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair!
*sob*

Saturday Night Game:
Colts* (14-2) over Ravens (10-7)
Okay, I know I said that I wasn't going to pick the Colts again after their shameful surrender back in week 16, but I'm really hoping that they can squeak through here and lose next week to the full-throttle Chargers (yet again), or (even better) go down in flames against the Jets who they rolled over to and let into the postseason. That would be super fucking sweet.

Early Sunday Game:
Cowboys (12-5) over Vikings* (12-4)
I'm calling this one as the game of the week. I have no idea what's gonna happen, but I have a feeling that it's gonna be good. The Boys are en fuego right now, but Favre would skull-fuck a busload of cancer kids if he thought that would help him secure one final Super Bowl win. Who wants it more? Well, Favre - hands down, but are the Vikes going to be good enough to get it done?

Late Sunday Game:
Chargers* (13-3) over Jets (10-7)
A few weeks ago (on a pick 'em site) I picked the Chargers to win the Super Bowl this year. I say they're the best team in the playoffs this year (which is hard to admit, since I fucking hate them). Please prove me wrong Rex.
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
*Indicates Home Team

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

You know, as good as Indy is right now, the Jets have that mindset going where they can beat anyone at any time. Doesn't surprise me that Thomas Jones is the motor. Still perplexed on how we let him go.