Friday, January 11, 2008

The Liar's NFL Divisional Playoffs Picks

Wow-wee - There are four great games happening this weekend. There isn't one stinker in the whole bunch, and they all should be well-matched games. Which is why what I'm about to do kinda freaks me out.
Last week I picked three road teams outta four, now this week I'm picking all four home teams to win. That doesn't make any sense. Hell, I'm picking against all three of my winners last week, and every year a wild-card team seems to make it to the Superbowl.
I don't care about all that noise - I see 4 home wins.

Bite me; that's why.

Last Weeks Picks: 3/1
Season Record: 173/87

Saturday Afternoon Game:
Packers (13-3) over Seahawks (11-6)

I'm hoping like hell that the Pack goes all the freakin' way this year - I'm talking Super Bowl Champs.
Why?
So that Favre fucking retires. All-y'all know that if they pick up a Super Bowl title that Brett's gonna do the classy thing and exit stage left.
If they don't win it all this year, getting this close will just whip Favre into a frenzy for another 5 or 6 seasons. I'm gonna like the NFC North a lot more with Brett's #4 hanging up in Lambeau.
Go Pack!
Postgame: I effing love those blizzard games. Granted, the game was over before the half, but I could have watched another 6 quarters of Seattle getting buried in snow.

Saturday Night Game:
Patriots (16-0) over Jaguars (12-5)

I'm really hoping that my Pack runs all over New England in Super Bowl XLII - It ain't gonna happen. Whoever comes up against the Pats on February 3rd is gonna be wholly outmatched, and the real fireworks are going down in the AFC playoffs over the next couple of weeks. Strap yourselves in.

Sunday Early Game:
Colts (13-3) over Chargers (12-5)

I really want to pick the Bolts in an upset here, but I'm pretty damned sure that's because the Colts didn't bother to play their last regular-season game. That's a sucker's bet, and I'm not falling for it. Indianapolis is the better team.
Postgame: Oh yeah, that's why I wanted to pick the Chargers, because the Clots always eat turd when they rest everyone in the weeks leading up to the playoffs - I even fucking wrote that in my week 17 picks.
I gotta stop listening to my brain.

Sunday Late Game:
Cowboys (13-3) over Giants (11-6)

Okay, let's settle down, folks. I picked the Giants last week, but some normally-sane people are going friggin' nutty over 'em. They're just good enough to beat the rusty Bucs, but not a well-honed team like the Cowboys.
Sorry, Carl - The G-Men are done.
Postgame: OMG!!! Tony Romo totally pulled a "Romo". There will be many a NFL film dedicated to Tony's last-minute playoff melt-downs.
On a plus note; We get the possibility for another snow game in Green Bay next week.
---

Correct picks in GREEN
Wrong picks in RED

3 comments:

edP said...

Re the Giants: I'm going to have to wait to hear what Carl has to say about this game.

edP said...

Sorry your Pack is trailing early here...

Chris B. said...

All of the games were fun to watch this weekend. Even the blowout Packers game (thanks to the snow). I think it would be great if the NFC Central represented in the Superbowl again, but I'm hesitant to want the Packers to win after the Bears dropped it. On the other hand, if they do win, that's the end of the Favre era, right? Go Pack. [shudders]