Friday, January 4, 2008

The Liar's NFL Wild-Card Weekend Picks

This ain't good. For some reason I'm picking 3 road wins in the wild-card round. It isn't smart, but that's how I see 'em.
I think that I'm just unholy pissed at Seattle, Pitttsburgh, and Tampa for half-assin' it and screwing up my picks last week - This'll learn 'em.
I'm a firm believer in momentum, and the first three of these games are essentially the same story. I promise to mix it up a bit.

Last Weeks Picks: 10/6
Season Record: 170/86

Saturday Afternoon Game:
Redskins (9-7) over Seahawks (10-6)
While the Shawks were prancing around the may-pole, the Skins have been playing do-or-die games for the last 4 weeks; winning against the Bears (7-9), the Giants (10-6), the Vikings (8-8), & the Cowboys (13-3). In those four weeks Seattle won against the Cardnials (8-8) & Ravens (5-11), and lost to the Panthers (7-9) & Falcons (4-12).
Way to limp into the playoffs, boys.
It's gonna be a rude awakening for Seattle while they're picking their teeth outta the turf after this one.
Postgame: Arrrrrrgggghhhh!

Saturday Night Game:
Jaguars (11-5) over Steelers (10-6)
At least the Seahawks managed to pull out a win against the fucking Ravens in the final weeks - Pittsburgh can't say the same.
WTF? You guys do know that Baltimore lost to the Dolphins, right?
The Jags are a freaking juggernaut (bitch), and I don't see the sleepwalking Steelers waking up in time to get to the next round.

Sunday Early Game:
Giants (10-6) over Buccaneers (9-7)
What the diddily?
Before last week, I woulda picked the Bucs without any hesitation. A month ago I would have bet that the Giants wouldn't even make the playoffs.
After seeing NY play a hard-lost game against the red-hot Pats, I've had a change of heart. That game took GUTS. I don't care if they lost, they fucking played the hell outta that game. It beats watching Tampa drop two gimme games against the 49ers and the Panthers.
This game is the perfect litmus test on whether it's better to play or to rest after you have your playoff spot nailed down. I say "play".
Postgame: Wow, Garcia looked rusty as all hell. Maybe if they played him for more than a few downs over the last month this coulda been a real game.
The verdict is in: Play trumps rest.

Sunday Late Game:
Chargers (11-5) over Titans (10-6)
I'm not sold on the Titans and really would have rather seen the Browns in this match-up, but this is what we got. I don't think that either Cleveland or Tennessee has what it takes to knock out San Diego, but that match-up would have given me a dog in this fight -- insert Micheal Vick joke here --.
---

Wrong picks in RED
Correct picks in GREEN

2 comments:

edP said...

Think you're wrong about what is going to happen with the Giants...but for the good of competition everywhere, I hope you are right as fuck

Chris B. said...

Well, so far the better regular season record has won out. If it holds up, the Pats can't lose.