Sunday, February 24, 2008

Big Bust

I am so glad Wallace is gone. Let me say that it is official…the Ben Wallace signing was, is and will always be a bigger bust than the cubs’ Sorry-ano.

After hearing Lou’s initial spring training line up, I think Lou is un-washed up and is actually flirting with genius. I still think Sorriano is no longer a leadoff hitter but consider…

1. Sorriano – swinging away and not behaving like a true leadoff hitter but that’s ok because…

2. Theriot – the second leadoff man who is more suited to, and may still perform like a leadoff man

3. Fukudome – who is like a #2 and can do all those important things like hit behind the runner and move Theriot around the basepaths if he gets on

4. & 5. the bigger bats of Aramis and D-Lee.

I think it can work.

After that I don’t know much more about what cub hitters will do besides DeRosa. The only other prediction I’ll make is (I love the young catcher and I am glad the coward and loser Barret is gone) but I think Soto will not live up to expectations this year.

I will say more about my beloved WhiteSOX when I see how healthy Crede is and what the SOX do with two 3rd basemen, two shortstops, two second basemen and no centerfielder.

2 comments:

Chris B. said...

Wallace never seemed like he wanted to be here. After he took the payday, he seemed to miss his teammates in Detroit. Since Deng is not the superstar he was supposed to become, I don't blame Ben for wanting to split.

Check out the numbers on Wallace and Joe Smith last night. The Cavs got some support they needed around LeBron and I believe the Bulls are tanking on purpose at this point to prepare for a house cleaning and/or blockbuster trade.

The problem is - who is left? All of the possible trades for genuine superstars have been made in the past year. Kobe, Kevin, Pao, Jason, Shaq, and the rest are settled.

edP said...

The Bulls should never trade for a Piston again and I don't care what Big Soda says. Rodman sucks!