Sunday, February 3, 2008

Um, Almost Perfect

or pretty perfect...

or kinda sorta like perfect.

The real winners were the fans for a change. That was a helluva game. I am on record (wherever that record is) as more of a baseball guy than a football guy but these playoffs have been great and the Superbowl was exciting.

It is not for me to say if it was well-played or not but I was on the couch with a headache that made me feel like I was going to vomit out my brain...

and I was still entertained by the game.

The other big winner?

Big Soda wins the first Killing for Sports Prognostication Award (also know as the KFSPA).

He called it somewhere here first and for that he gets a big wet kiss from me sometime before Superbowl XLIII (pronounced ex-el-eeee)...and maybe a free drink.

I am not a fan of either team (and I picked the Pats by more than two TDs so I'm not even a fan of my own pick at this point)...but I am happy for the youngest Manning.

I am most happy for Carl. I can't wait to hear how he pulled out this victory.

But I am equally horrified at the prospect of watching the stupid Dolphins toasting losses for another 36 years.

C'mon Bears, perfect season next year!

Right?

Ugh, I'm gonna be sick again.

5 comments:

DC Liar said...

...all I wanted was to have the '72 Fish shut the fuck up.

Stupid upset.

DC Liar said...

Yup, LINK.

edP said...

Bastards!

Chris B. said...

Yep, that was my only stake in the game, too. Although, having the Pats lose keeps them tied with the '85 Bears with 18-1 seasons, right? And we WON that superbowl.

Chris B. said...

You know why the '72 Dolphins are so annoying? Because they're the only ones talking about the '72 Dolphins. Can't deny that they went undefeated, but nobody cares.