Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Liar's Super Bowl XXLII Pick

Last Weeks Picks: 1/1
Season Record: 176/90

Patriots (18-0) over Giants (13-6)
This time back in 2002, I was down in New Orleans for Super Bowl XXXVI. The Rams were 14 point favorites to knock off the scrappy Patriots with their rookie QB, Tom Brady. No one thought that the Pats had a chance against the "Greatest Show on Turf", but I was pulling for New England to turn the upset. It was a great fucking game, and the Patriots there and then became one of the greatest stories in the history of the NFL.
This game reminds me a lot of that one. No one is giving New York a chance (except for Carl), and everyone expects a New England blow-out. Six years later, and the tables have turned 180 degrees.
If I was more of a sentimentalist I'd pick the G-Men for an upset, but I'm not gonna fall for it.
I like the Pats.

No comments: