Friday, October 2, 2009

The Liar's NFL Week 4 Picks

This week is gonna be ugly. I'm looking at the match-ups and there are only four games this week that I consider 'safe' bets.
If I walk away from week 4 above .500, I'll consider myself fortunate.

Last Week's Picks: 13/3
Season Record: 35/13

Early Sunday Games:
Ravens (3-0) over Patriots* (2-1)

For my money, Baltimore is the best team in the AFC right now. That's still cold-comfort in a match-up against the bi-polar Patriots.

Redskins* (1-2) over Buccaneers (0-3)
Last week DC bailed out Detroit (once again). Luckily for my god-awful Skins, the Bucs may be an even worse team than the Lions.

Titans (0-3) over Jaguars* (2-1)
I'm going to keep picking the Titans until they finally win a fucking game (not to be confused with 'THE fucking game', which is different).

Raiders (1-2) over Texans* (1-2)
Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh! I'm trying my damnedest not to pick the Raiders here.
It's. Not. Working.
(note: I actually had Houston winning this, and switched it at the last moment.)

Bears* (2-1) over Lions (1-2)
The Lions got their big win last week, and now need to calm down before they crap their pants. Fuck, if the Lions pull off another win this week I'm wagering that they burn what's left of Detroit to the ground out of sheer excitement...
... um... "Go Lions"?

Bengals (2-1) over Browns* (0-3)
The Bengals actually look pretty damned good this year. Yeah, I can't believe I'm saying it either. If I'm from Cincy, this game looks like a huge trap.

Colts* (3-0) over Seahawks (1-2)
Man, those were some fucking ugly S'hawks jerseys last week, huh? The Seattle area JoAnne Fabrics must be having a clearance on their day-glo materials.

Giants (3-0) over Chiefs* (1-3)
If someone has a gun to your head and forces you to pick a winner this week, here's the game that might just save your life. Other than that, it's pretty much worthless.

Late Sunday Games:
Saints* (3-0) over Jets (3-0)
Here's this week's only match-up of undefeated teams. It should be a good one.

Bills (1-2) over Dolphins* (0-3)
I really should pick the Fish here, but my unrequited (and inexplicable) love of the Bills is gaying things up.

Broncos* (3-0) over Cowboys (2-1)
Hey kids, look at what Kyle Orton can do with an offensive line in front of him.

49ers* (2-1) over Rams (0-3)
The Niners are one last-minute miracle Favre pass away from being undefeated. The Rams remain defeated.

Sunday Night Game:
Steelers* (1-2) over Chargers (2-1)
The reigning Super Bowl champs just dumped two in a row to the Bears and the Bengals. Luckily for them, they've moved out of the 'B' teams and onto the 'C's.

Monday Night Game:
Vikings* (3-0) over Packers (2-1)
GB: You little slut, you, like, totally stole my boyfriend.
MN: Nu'uh. You chased him off with your rancid cheese-breath and ugly-ass snowmobile suits.
GB: You bitch! I hope a bridge falls down on top of you!
MN: You're fat.
GB: *runs away crying*
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
*Indicates Home Team

2 comments:

Shadrow said...

Love the last one with GB and the Vikings...

Chris B. said...

You love Dick.