Friday, October 23, 2009

The Liar's NFL Week 7 Picks

The Mad Road Warriors Beyond Thunderdome: That's my theme for this week. I'm only picking two (2) teams to win at home in week 7.
I'm fucking doomed.

Last Week's Picks: 9/5
Season Record: 62/28

Early Sunday Games:
49ers (3-2) over Texans* (3-3)
I want to pick the Texicans here, but in my extensive research watching of NFL Network I discovered an interesting pattern: The Texans have gone loss, win, loss, win, loss, win... so far this season, so I'm extrapolating data from the formula and picking the Niners (and hoping for a career ending injury on Douchie McCrabtree). It's SCIENCE, people!

Packers (3-2) over Browns* (1-5)
Insert anal sex joke here.

Chargers (2-3) over Chiefs* (1-5)
I would love to see (and wouldn't be surprised by) a Chiefs upset here. Kansas City is pretty bad, but the Chargers rarely pass up an opportunity to disappoint.

Colts (5-0) over Rams* (0-6)
Breaking News: In return for Rush Limbaugh getting kicked from the ownership bid for the Rams, the White House just passed an emergency executive order that is going to give the Rams 1/3 of all points scored by the Colts in this game (in addition to their paltry earnings). Indy should still get by just fine despite this "redistribution" of wealth.

Steelers* (4-2) over Vikings (6-0)
I hate it when Nate picks first. Then I'm forced to find games to shift so that we're not picking the same across the board. I wanted to pick the Steelers here, Shadrow just gave me a push.

Patriots (4-2) over Buccaneers* (0-6)

Finally! This contest should prove to serve as colonial retribution the long running scourge of Barbary pirate aggression.

Late Sunday Games:
Jets (3-3) over Raiders* (2-4)
Remember back to ye olden day of September 28th, 2009? Chicago was a shoo-in for the 2016 Olympics, Polanski had just been arrested in Switzerland, Obama was facing strong opposition on health-care reform, and the New York Jets were a sure-bet for Super Bowl XLIV. Ah, the good old days.

Bills (2-4) over Panthers* (2-3)
I originally had the Panthers winning this one, then decided to show the Williams some love following their trouncing of the aforementioned Jets last week.

Bears (3-2) over Bengals* (4-2)
Cedric Benson has stated that he wants "revenge" on the Bears for cutting him. Well, the Bears want revenge on him for being Cedric Benson. It's gonna get ugly.

Falcons (4-1) over Cowboys* (3-2)
I want to pick the Cowboys here, but have gotten flamed in betting against Atlanta over the last couple of weeks. Twice bitten - Thrice shy.

Saints (5-0) over Dolphins* (2-3)
Hey, New Orleans: TRAP GAME! The Fish are way better than they look on paper, and their strengths play to the Saints' weaknesses. Still, I think that the Saints are good enough to overcome by the end.

Sunday Night Game:
Giants* (5-1) over Cardinals (3-2)
Hey, motherfuckers! You're the Arizona Cardinals - Start losing. Yeesh, some people just don't know their place.

Monday Night Game:
Eagles (3-2) over Redskins* (2-4)
My Skins finally face a team with a win this season. Run away!
---

Wrong Picks in RED
Correct Picks in GREEN
*Indicates Home Team

3 comments:

Chris B. said...

Holy fuck - it did get ugly. I feel like I have to burn my Bears hat (and any of the hair it may have touched) in effigy. If it wasn't for the Steelers yesterday, I might have done something terrible to the chihuahua.

bigsoda said...

About 4:15 I came upstairs and started doing some stuff around the house. Laura said, "Are the Bears still playing?" I said, "I wouldn't really call it that."

Shadrow said...

I was working yesterday @ BWW and the fans started to leave at halftime... normally they stick around for the carnage. But this was so bad that I had Bears fans asking me to switch the audio for the restaurant to the Dallas/Atlanta game.