Monday, December 3, 2007

Why Vegas has the Money

Maybe this is one of those delusional fucked up playing with myself in my head sort of things...


Ewwwww, sorry

I know that the Vegas lines are designed to get even money played (which always benefits the house) and probably signify nothing more than that.

But the Ravens are 17pt dogs at home to the Pats and I've seen the over/under as high as 49 or 48 as recently today. I've also looked at the weather (after being reminded to do so by Dangerous Dan McNeil of Chicago's ESPN 1000).

The weather is supposed to be pretty windy and the Pats are a passing, not a running team. The Ravens are injured in the secondary sure, but they should be able to get as much pressure on Tom Brady from the front four as the Eagles did last year.

I'm not suggesting that anyone bet against the Pats, but you get 17pts and the Ravens backup is starting instead of Steve "the Statue" McNair.

Maybe all I can say is if you can find a window in time, take a chance on the Ravens and for the love of Benji - BET THE FRIGGIN' UNDER!

That's free money.

4 comments:

edP said...

So much for the under. I guess my first thought was the right one. This is why Vegas has all the money.

bigsoda said...

I hate the Patriots... The only good thing is you know those pain-in-the-ass '72 Dolphins broke open the good stuff. You know they spilled that shit all over themselves when the Ravens called that dumb-ass timeout.

edP said...

Brian B is an idiot. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Chris B. said...

Lovie did that last year when he froze his own kicker with a timeout and ruined Gould's perfect season (to that point).