Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You Play to Win the War


Late Sunday night I popped in a copy of Madden ’06 for the old X-Box. I found an activeJets season saved to memory. There was one game left, the Superbowl. I thought well, it’s late Sunday I’m not really doing anything – I’ll play the Jets vs. the Packers in the Superbowl.

Just as in real life I won easily. That’s not news.

When this game came out Herman Edwards was still the coach of the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets! This was pre-Mangenius who, by the way, needs a new nickname considering the Jets record.

My vote is for Mandumbfuckingnarkass.

But Herm Edwards was the coach back then and thus coach in this version of the game.

So I win the Superbowl and the game goes into its end of the championship/end of the season fanfare. There is the ceremonial Gatorade dump and Herm is carried off by his players.

But in this series of graphics, Herm Edwards looked a lot like fucking Hitler!

The ‘stache was more compact than the legendary Wanstache, even Herm’s skin had a weird sort of Aryan thing happening…

Apparently the Jets needed living space and had to roll the Pack 78-6 to get it.

Just for the record, I didn’t program the damned thing so I am completely innocent of Madden-related war crimes.

2 comments:

edP said...

I wasn't sure what was bigger news, the Cubs get Fukudome or the video game rendering of an NFL coach looks like Hitler in one sequence...I made my decision and I stand by it.

Chris B. said...

You sound bitter. There's always AaRow...

In the meantime, bone up on your Chimichurri Dragons knowledge: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chunichi_Dragons